Master Electrician, The Barnstormers Theatre
Job Dates: June 10th-September 1st
PAY: $500/week(W2), housing included, $125 travel stipend
The Barnstormers Theatre is seeking individuals for employment as the Master Electrician for our 2023 summer season. Each summer The Barnstormers produces 5 mainstage shows and other events during our summer season. The Master Electrician handles the lighting hang and runs lighting focus while supporting all shows, as well as working with the Production Manager on scheduling of electrics needs, as well as maintaining a clean and organized electrics area. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can prioritize and execute required duties. Qualified applicants should have a strong background in reading and implementing lighting plots, maintenance of electrics stock, and strong leadership skills. Applicants should be highly motivated, able to lift up to 75lbs, and ready to work in a fun and exciting environment in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. All contracts include salary and furnished shared housing. Company Members are required to arrive fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Masks are encouraged in work spaces and testing may be scheduled if needed. Hand sanitization stations will be plentiful, social distancing, when possible, is requested.Please send resume, cover letter, and two references to Artistic Director, Sarah Rozene (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply.
If interested, there is opportunity to also design lights for the shows for an additional $1000 stipend per show.
- Coordinate with Technical Director and Production Manager to assess, plan, and execute season electrics needs.
- Planning, scheduling, and estimating the labor needs for each show.
- Reading light plot, budgeting of purchases and rentals.
- Work with the Production Manager to stay within budget as determined by PM and Artistic Director
- Hang, cable, and focus light plots for each of the 5 shows of the season.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair electrical power distro inventory and assess other electrical needs.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner, with a high level of quality.
- Maintain a clean and safe work space.
- Must be comfortable with ladders, heights, and best theatrical safety practices.
- Per current AEA guidelines due to the covid-19 pandemic, proof of covid-19 vaccination will be required
- The Barnstormers is committed to creating a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment and all incoming staff members will be required to complete Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Justice training.
- Understanding of electrical loads and dimmer racks.
- Experience with programming ETC Ion light boards.
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Electrical systems and safety
- Familiarity with CAD software and LightWright
- Leadership of a crew of a variety of experience levels
- Decision making in high stress, fast paced situations