CONTRACT: June 8th-September 5th(TENT)
The Barnstormers Theatre is seeking individuals for employment as the Scenic Charge for our 2022 summer season. Each summer The Barnstormers produces 5 mainstage shows and other events during our summer season. The Scenic Charge handles all scenic painting needs and support for all shows while working with the Technical Director on scheduling painting of scenic elements, as well as maintaining a clean and organized paint shop. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can prioritize and execute required duties. Qualified applicants should have a strong background in reading and interpreting paint elevations, color matching, paint mixing, and strong leadership skills. Applicants should be highly motivated, able to lift up to 75lbs, and ready to work in a fun and exciting environment in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. All contracts include salary and furnished shared housing. Company Members are required to arrive fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Masks are encouraged in work spaces and testing may be scheduled if needed. Hand sanitization stations will be plentiful, social distancing, when possible, is requested.Please send resume, cover letter, and two references to Artistic Director, Sarah Rozene (email@example.com) to apply.
- Use paint elevations provided by scenic designer in order to paint scenic elements needed for shows.
- Work with Scenic Designer to ensure that set can be painted within budget as determined with Production Manager and Artistic Director.
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of all materials needed for painting of the set, working with the Technical Director and Production Manager.
- Communicate with Technical Director about the paint needs during the build process.
- Modify stock items to suit the needs of a particular show.
- Maintain and inventory stock of paint, brushes, rollers, and other materials.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner, with a high level of quality.
- Maintain a clean and safe work space.
- Per current AEA guidelines due to the covid-19 pandemic, proof of covid-19 vaccination will be required
- The Barnstormers is committed to creating a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment and all incoming staff members will be required to complete Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Justice training.
- Previous experience in the following areas preferred:
- Scenic painting techniques: aging, wood grain, marbling, trompe l’oiel, base-coating, drops
- Reading and interpreting paint elevations
- Leadership of a crew of a variety of experience levels
- Budgeting, ordering, and purchasing of materials
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment by communicating and behaving in a positive manner with all artists and staff from a variety of experience levels and backgrounds
- Ability to travel between performance and shop locations