CONTRACT: June 12th-September 4th(TENT)
The Barnstormers Theatre is seeking individuals for employment as the Master Carpenter for our 2022 summer season. Each summer The Barnstormers produces 5 mainstage shows and other events during our summer season. The Master Carpenter supports the Technical Director in all scenic construction needs, installation, and a shop carpenter and carpentry apprentice. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can prioritize and execute required duties. Qualified applicants should have a strong background in reading and interpreting scaled drawings, scenic construction, experience with hand and power tools, safe construction and installation techniques, fabrication, and strong leadership skills. Applicants should be highly motivated, able to lift up to 75lbs, and ready to work in a fun and exciting environment in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. All contracts include salary and furnished shared housing. Company Members are required to arrive fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Masks are encouraged in work spaces and testing may be scheduled if needed. Hand sanitization stations will be plentiful, social distancing, when possible, is requested.Please send resume, cover letter, and two references to Artistic Director, Sarah Rozene (email@example.com) to apply.
- Read and interpret technical build provided by the Technical Director
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of all materials needed for building of the set, working with the Scenic Charge and Master Electrician/Sound Engineer.
- Communicate with shop carpenter and carpentry apprentice as to best practice in theatrical scenery construction.
- Assist Technical Director in load in and strike of performance space.
- Modify stock items to suit the needs of a particular show.
- Help maintain an inventory stock of platforms, flats, and other scenic pieces.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner, with a high level of quality.
- Maintain a clean and safe work space.
- Per current AEA guidelines due to the covid-19 pandemic, proof of covid-19 vaccination will be required.
- The Barnstormers is committed to creating a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment and all incoming staff members will be required to complete Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Justice training.
- Previous experience in the following areas preferred:
- Foam Carving
- Tool maintenance
- Leadership of a crew
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment by communicating and behaving in a positive manner with all artists and staff from a variety of experience levels and backgrounds
- Ability to travel between performance, shop and rehearsal locations