The Barnstormers Theatre is looking for a flexible, upbeat, resourceful individual to organize and run housing for the 2022 summer season, facilitating a safe and pleasant environment for actors and crew. The position includes fostering relationships with current host families while creating new housing opportunities within the Tamworth area.
- Roll out theatre housing policies taking into account diversity, inclusion, safety, and equity compliance workshops, training and housing agreements
- Interview and vet all existing and potential housing prospects per the theatre guidelines
- Be versed in Equity rules and regulations regarding housing of actors
- Reviews and evaluates historical information regarding previous seasons housing to adjust and improve future seasons, maintains records and creates reports regarding each housing season, including actor and housing provider surveys
- Reports to, and works in conjunction with the Artistic Director to accommodate actors housing needs
- Transport actors and crew to bus station, arrange for rental vehicles and other transportation as needed.
Projected Work Schedule
- May/June @ 8 weeks @ 30 hours per week
- July/August, first week of September 10 weeks @ 15-20 hours per week
- May/June organize and schedule all housing for the 2022 season. Schedule the BST host family diversity workshops
- Must be on call July through early September to handle any unforeseen circumstances
- Per current AEA guidelines, due to the covid-19 pandemic, proof of covid-19 vaccination will be required
- The Barnstormers is committed to creating a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment and all incoming staff members will be required to complete Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training.
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment in communicating with all artists, staff, and host families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Familiarity with the local community is preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality and/or property management industry preferred
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and other communication apps/platforms
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, and ability to work at a fast pace when necessary.
- $25.00 per hour
- 2 tickets to each show
- Name included in program book
- Opportunity to meet and work with interesting people
- Complimentary access to all BST events
About The Barnstormers Theatre
In 1935 The Barnstormers bought and converted a Tamworth, New Hampshire Main Street store to a theatre. This building remains The Barnstormers’ home but has been updated to include a 28-foot proscenium stage, 282 comfortable seats, air-conditioning, and superb acoustics.
Each summer over 40 professional actors from around the country join an experienced core company (some of whom have performed on The Barnstormers stage for over 50 years) to become a part of The Barnstormers family. The majority are members of the Actors’ Equity Association, many have worked together for years, and the younger ones enjoy a rigorous theatre training experience in a highly supportive environment.