The Barnstormers Theatre seeks a Development Director to develop and lead all fundraising activities within
our organization. This is a new position and would require the successful candidate to develop, implement,
and monitor a comprehensive fundraising program for the long term support and sustainability of the
organization. This would include: identifying and strengthening relationships with existing patrons, donors,
and community stakeholders, actively pursuing and managing new individual and business prospects for our
upcoming 2023 season and future support. Duties would include researching, applying for, and managing
grant funding. Additionally, the Development Director plans and executes in collaboration with the Board of
Directors and staff all fundraising events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement a comprehensive Fundraising Plan annually which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion. Including but not limited to managing major giving, annual appeal development, planned giving, grant writing and fundraising events.
- Solicitation of sponsorships and advertising for the theatre’s season program book is also included.
- Develop strong relationships within our local community including developing and fostering business relationships to enhance funding and support of the organization.
- Act as a primary spokesperson for funding, donations, and fundraising events. Perform networking at key community and business events. Deliver presentations on the organization as needed.
- Collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding. Create fundraising targets and establish tracking, and monitor progress monthly.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director, Artistic Director and EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE for consistent development branding and messaging. Works collaboratively with the entire The Barnstormers Theatre staff organization as needed.
This part-time position(.7 FTE) allows for some flexibility throughout the season, depending on programming
needs, with the possibility of becoming full-time in 2024. Salary range for this part-time position would be
$50,000 to $60,000 annually commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
The Chair of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee
MISSION STATEMENT: To keep vital the value, spirit, and tradition of fine summer theatre in Tamworth and to provide a venue for and to promote varied cultural activities within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Background in the performing arts and/or arts sector is preferred.
- Three or more years successful nonprofit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop, oversee and successfully implement comprehensive fundraising strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and utilize current fundraising technologies, such as donor databases (Little Green Light preferred), etc.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and Google Workspace.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage basic budgets, including budget analysis, and ability to report fundraising benchmarks and results to the board.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, implementation and management of long-term strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to convey a vision of The Barnstormers’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A strategic thinker able to respond quickly to changing circumstances and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers.
- Transparent and collaborative leadership
- Strong written and oral communicator, able to convey in inspiring terms the goals and mission of the organization.
- Ability to interface with and engage diverse volunteers and donors.
- Ability to work a highly flexible schedule with frequent evening and weekend work.
The Barnstormers are committed to dismantling structures that may prevent all people from applying for
employment with us. The Barnstormers Theatre celebrates the richness of our world by cultivating Equity,
Diversity and Inclusivity as they inspire the creativity that nurtures great art, artists and audiences. We are
committed to continuing to prioritize our journey as an anti-racist and fully inclusive organization, and we
strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. The Barnstormers Theatre
is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we consider individuals for employment according to their
abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law.
Please send resume, three professional references, and cover letter outlining your development experience,
and detailed examples of how you would fit best within and serve our organization to Marketing Director,
Evelyn Lamprey at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about The Barnstormers Theatre visit us at https://www.barnstormerstheatre.org/about-the-