The Barnstormers Theatre is looking for a Sales Representative to sell advertising for our summer program book and sponsorships for the season and specific events. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative strategies to achieve sales goals, as well as make meaningful connections with the local business community.
This is a part-time position, commission based, during the first half of each year.
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation and conversion
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss needs
- Emphasize the features and benefits of advertising in the program book
- Answer questions about The Barnstormers Summer Theatre
- Negotiate prices and terms and prepare sales agreements
- Collaborate with colleagues to produce the BST program book
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships
- Create a sales prospect log
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to create point-of-sale materials and packages
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, build relationships and network
- Confidence and strong self-assuredness to succeed in cold-calling customers and making a sale
- Communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey the benefits of a product to potential customers
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite, some graphic design background a plus
The Barnstormers is committed to creating a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment and all incoming staff members will be required to complete Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training.
Please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Barnstormers Theatre
In 1935 The Barnstormers bought and converted a Tamworth, New Hampshire Main Street store to a theatre. This building remains The Barnstormers’ home but has been updated to include a 28-foot proscenium stage, 282 comfortable seats, air-conditioning, and superb acoustics.
Each summer over 40 professional actors from around the country join an experienced core company (some of whom have performed on The Barnstormers stage for over 50 years) to become a part of The Barnstormers family. The majority are members of the Actors’ Equity Association, many have worked together for years, and the younger ones enjoy a rigorous theatre training experience in a highly supportive environment.