The Barnstormers Theatre is looking for a self-reliant, organized, upbeat individual to run our office. This position is year-round, full time during the spring and summer months, then part-time the remainder of the year.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and other relevant apps and platforms
- Experience in Quickbooks Pro or equivalent
- Capable of working independently on a daily basis, comfortable with decision making and problem solving in a busy environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and do accurate, high-quality work in a fast paced summer environment
- Excellent Organizational and communication skills
- Some knowledge of fundraising and development a plus
- Collaborate with Housing Manager to create welcome packages for actors and crew at the beginning of each production
- Provide administrative support to the Artistic Director while interfacing with the Marketing Director
- Provide bookkeeping support to the Treasurer
- Maintain organization of the office along with managing ancillary projects
- Check and respond to email, voicemail, along with various messages, answer phones
- Maintain appointment calendars, arrange and attend meetings including taking minutes as requested
- Ensure office runs smoothly and efficiently in a professional, gracious and confidential manner
- Deliver Daily/Weekly/Monthly reports to management on a timely basis
- Minimum of three years working in an office environment
- Knowledge of non-profit and arts organizations preferred but not required. Theatre background a plus, but administrative skills are the priority for this position
This is a year-round position. Full time in the office May through Mid-September, 40 hours/week, then part-time balance of the year, approximately 15 hours/week. Flexible hours based upon Artistic Director, Treasurer and Marketing Director’s needs. Remote work optional during the off season. Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Per current AEA guidelines due to the covid-19 pandemic, proof of covid-19 vaccination will be required
- The Barnstormers is committed to creating a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment and all incoming staff members will be required to complete Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training.
About The Barnstormers Theatre
In 1935 The Barnstormers bought and converted a Tamworth, New Hampshire Main Street store to a theatre. This building remains The Barnstormers’ home but has been updated to include a 28-foot proscenium stage, 282 comfortable seats, air-conditioning, and superb acoustics.
Each summer over 40 professional actors from around the country join an experienced core company (some of whom have performed on The Barnstormers stage for over 50 years) to become a part of The Barnstormers family. The majority are members of the Actors’ Equity Association, many have worked together for years, and the younger ones enjoy a rigorous theatre training experience in a highly supportive environment.